DATO SRI LIM HAW KUANG
DATO SRI LIM HAW KUANG, 64, was appointed to our Board as Executive Director on 1 September 2014.
BOARD OF COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIPS
- Governance And Risk Management Committee (Member)
- Strategy And Investment Committee (Member)
- Bachelor of Science (Computing Science) degree from Imperial College, University of London
- Master of Business Administration degree in International Management from IMD Switzerland (formerly known as International Management Institute, Geneva)
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Dato Sri Lim worked for Shell for 34 years and held various senior executive positions including Executive Chairman of Shell Companies in China; Vice President Corporate Strategy and Planning for Shell International; President Oil Products for Asia Pacific and Middle East; Chairman of Shell Malaysia, managing director of Shell Malaysia Exploration and Production; Senior Corporate Adviser, Asia Pacific for Shell International; and Business Development Manager for Former Soviet Union and Sakhalin for Shell International Gas. In 2011, the Beijing Municipal Government honoured him with the “Great Wall Friendship Award” for his contributions to the city. From 2011 till 2016, he was an international council member of the China Council for International Cooperation on Environment and Development. He was previously the President of Malaysia Business Council for Sustainable Development and a director of China Business Council for Sustainable Development. He has been awarded state honours by the Malaysian Government. He is also an honorary citizen of Texas and the City of Houston, United States of America.
DIRECTORSHIPS IN OTHER PUBLIC COMPANIES
- Sime Darby Berhad (Redesignated as Senior Independent Non-Executive Director with effect from 1 December 2017)
Dato Sri Lim is also a Board member of Bank Negara Malaysia and the ENN Group in China.