DATUK SERI DR. NIK NORZRUL THANI NIK HASSAN THANI
DATUK SERI DR. NIK NORZRUL THANI NIK HASSAN THANI, aged 58, was appointed to our Board as Independent Non-Executive Director on 1 December 2015.
BOARD OF COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIPS
- Audit Committee (Member)
- Governance And Risk Management Committee (Member)
- Ph.D in Law from the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London
- Masters in Law from Queen Mary College, University of London
- Bachelor of Law (Honours) from the University of Buckingham, United Kingdom
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Datuk Seri Dr. Nik Norzrul Thani obtained a post-graduate Diploma in Syariah Law and Practice (with distinction) from the International Islamic University Malaysia in 1987. He is a Barrister of Lincoln’s Inn and an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya. He was called to the Bar of England and Wales in 1985 and to the Malaysian Bar in 1986. He was formerly a Visiting Fulbright Scholar, Harvard Law School and Chevening Fellow at the Oxford Centre of Islamic Studies. He is also a Fellow of the Financial Services Institute of Australia (FINSIA). Currently he is the Chairman and Senior Partner of Zaid Ibrahim & Co (a member of ZICOlaw). Prior to joining Zaid Ibrahim & Co., he was with Baker & McKenzie (International Lawyers), Singapore.
DIRECTORSHIPS IN OTHER PUBLIC COMPANIES
- T7 Global Berhad
- Chin Hin Group Berhad
- Asia Institute of Finance Berhad
- BNM Kijang Berhad
- Amanah Saham Nasional Berhad