Ranhill Holdings Berhad, Ranhill Group of Companies and Ranhill Group of Companies’ associates, jointly controlled entities and affiliates (collectively, “Group”), respects the privacy of individuals with regard to personal data. This Privacy Statement is formulated in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“Act”). For the purpose of this Privacy Statement, “Personal Data” shall have the meaning as ascribed to it in the Act. For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, “we”, “our” or “us” shall refer to any of the companies within the Group and “you” shall refer to yourself and such other persons or companies represented by you of which you are providing the Personal Data.
Personal information collection
Your Personal Data are collected from various sources including but not limited to:-
- information you have provided to us via firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and/or by whatsoever manner;
- information from third parties including referral; and
- information obtained independently by us from other lawful sources.
By providing any of your Personal Data to the Group, you hereby agree that the Group shall collect, retain and use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- carrying out and/or discharging our contractual obligations;
- providing you with services offered by the Group;
- processing your application/form;
- processing invoices and payments;
- internal record keeping so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our services to you;
- where a third party acquires or wishes to acquire, or makes inquiries in relation to acquiring, an interest in any company within the Group;
- for purposes of any audit/checks by any party for whatever purpose related to the Group’s business;
- meeting any legal or regulatory requirements relating to our business and to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular, code applicable to us; and/or
- for any other purposes that is incidental or ancillary or in furtherance to the Group’s purposes.
You hereby confirm that you have obtained the consent from the persons and/or companies represented by you for you to provide their respective Personal Data to us for the purposes as set out above and disclosed to parties stated below.
Please note that our whistleblowing channel is completely secured and you will remain anonymous unless you choose otherwise.
Using personal information
Your Personal Data provided to us will be kept confidential and with your agreement we will disclose and transfer (whether in Malaysia or abroad) your Personal Data to the following parties for the above mentioned purposes:-
- any persons, government agencies, statutory authorities and/or industry regulators whom we are compelled or required to do so pursuant to any law;
- our associated companies, auditors, consultants, lawyers, accountants or other financial or professional advisers appointed in connection with our business;
- our third party service and product providers or other parties as maybe deemed necessary by us to facilitate your dealing with us; and/or
- any organizations/persons who provide archival, auditing, professional advisory, debt collection, insurance, banking, marketing, advertising, mailhouse, delivery, recruitment, call centre, technology, research, utility, loyalty programme and security services for the Group’s operational, administration and development requirements.
We may also disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in good faith, if such action is necessary to (i) comply with requirements of any law enforcement agency, court order or legal process; or (ii) to protect and defend rights and interest of the Group.
Securing your data
The Group will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorized or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction of your Personal Data and to protect the integrity of your Personal Data.
The Group will store all the Personal Data you provide on secure servers.
Updating this statement
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Statement to comply with changes in our business operation or laws and regulations related to data protection legislation from time to time without prior notice.
You are advised to visit this Privacy Statement occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
This website contains links to other websites.
However, once you have used these links to leave this website, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
You are advised to exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or if you wish to request access to your Personal Data or if you wish to correct your Personal Data or if you wish to withdraw your consent to the Group for the processing of your Personal Data, you may send your request in writing at the following address:
Ranhill Holdings Berhad
Address: Level 15, Wisma Perkeso
No. 155, Jalan Tun Razak
50400 Kuala Lumpur
Tel No.: 603 – 2685 5200
Fax No.: 603 – 2685 5286
Please note that notwithstanding the withdrawal of your consent, the Group may still proceed to process your Personal Data in circumstances recognized and permitted by law and as required under the contractual conditions.
In the event of any inconsistency or conflict between the English version and the Bahasa Malaysia version of this Privacy Statement, the English version shall prevail.
Access and Correction of Personal Data
You may, request to access to and/or to make any correction to your Personal Data by submitting a request in writing to the Group to the address above stated.
Please be advised that the Group has the right to:-
- refuse your request to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data in the manner provided in/permitted under the Act; and/or
- charge a fee as may be allowed under the Act for processing of your request to access/delete your Personal Data.
Notwithstanding that access is granted to you or any correction of your Personal Data is performed, this Privacy Statement shall remain valid and effective at all times.