TAN SRI HAMDAN MOHAMAD
Executive Director/President and Chief Executive
TAN SRI HAMDAN, aged 63, was appointed to our Board as Executive Director and the President and Chief Executive of our Group on 1 December 2015.
BOARD OF COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIPS
- Governance and Risk Management Committee (Member)
- Bachelor of Engineering degree from the University of Western Australia
- Masters of Science degree in Engineering from Imperial College of Science and Technology, University of London
- Fellow of the Institution of Engineers, Malaysia
- Professional Engineer registered with the Board of Engineers, Malaysia
- Fellow and a Chartered Engineer registered with the Institute of Civil Engineers, United Kingdom
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Tan Sri Hamdan Mohamad started his career as a structural engineer at the engineering consulting firm of Ranhill Bersekutu Sdn Bhd (“RBSB”) in 1981. Upon his return to Malaysia after completing his Masters Degree, he was appointed as Director of RBSB in 1988 and eventually became the President and Chief Executive Officer of RBSB in 1995. On 15 November 2000, he became Executive Director of Ranhill Berhad (“RB”) where he spearheaded RB and the RB Group’s expansion from an engineering and consulting based firm to a full-fledged organisation that engineers, constructs, owns and operates facilities in diverse segments including the infrastructure, environment, power and oil and gas segments. Following the delisting of RB in 2011, he was appointed as the Executive Director in Ranhill Energy and Resources Berhad (now known as Ranhill Energy and Resources Sdn Bhd) on 2 January 2013 and subsequently on 14 June 2013, he was appointed as Group President and Chief Executive, a position he held before his appointment as Ranhill Holdings Berhad’s Executive Director on 1 December 2015.
DIRECTORSHIPS IN OTHER PUBLIC COMPANIES
- Senai Desaru Expressway Berhad